Saturday, June 1, 2013

Blogathon 2013!

Today is the first day of Blogathon 2013 and I am very excited! I am hoping within the next 30 day I will be able to develop a focus for my blog and improve as a blogger in general. Honestly, I'm not sure where to begin, so I will just start with the top 3 things I am excited for in the month of June (Blogathon related and otherwise)

3) Being Featured on Daily Deal sites: I just recently opened an Etsy shop, Simply Cute as a Button, and I have become slightly obsessed. I originally thought it was just going to be a fun little thing to do over summer vacation. Now, I find myself completely consumed with it! I am constantly thinking of new ideas and looking up daily deal sites online. Starting today, I am featured on a brand new daily deal site called ToAdorn. I am beyond excited to have this opportunity! Later on this month my products will be featured on a different site, PinkEpromise, which I am also ecstatic about!

Here is a link to my feature on ToAdorn!


Here are a few pictures of some of my products. I have so many more ideas. My stuff is going to get better and better! 









2) Blogging for 30 days straight: I have always wanted to blog but I never made an effort to actually start. I always used lack of time as a reason not to. Now that I'm on my first break from school since the summer of 2011, it's the perfect time to start! I LOVE challenges, so I know that the Blogathon will be just the push I need to get my blog up and running! I am also super excited to get to know some of the other bloggers in the blogathon. I know this is going to be a great experience!


1) My 5 year anniversary: I celebrate 5 years with Mr. Nelson on June 5th! We don't have much money this year, similar to our first 4 years together. We have been together since we were 17, which means we have been in college almost as long as we have been together. College > no money. We will be going to dinner and a movie this weekend and I can't wait!

Here is the first picture we ever took together!
And here is a recent photo. 5 years later and we STILL get carded to see movies...


1 comment:

  1. Welcome to blogathon and congrats on being selected for that daily deal site. That's exciting! I think you'll find the blogathon to be a wonderful experience. I feel like I learn a LOT every year.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete