Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Picture Frame DIY!

After my first feature on a Daily Deals site, I realized that my product photos were definitely lacking compared to other vendors. I decided to try and spice up my photos for Simply Cute as a Button with the help of staging. Being the poor college student that I am, I don't exactly have stuff laying around the house to stage my photos. I didn't want to spend very much money but I figured I would look around. I was pleasantly surprised by my finds so I thought I would share!

*I would like to apologize for the poor pictures. This was a night time project AND my first DIY. :)

I found this picture frame at Michaels for $1.99. They had cheaper ones, but I liked that this one had a sturdy back and a glass cover.



These Flur de Lis wood cut-outs were a whopping $0.29 each and the glitter cost $1.99. I already had the Mod Podge and black paint laying around.



I started off by removing the glass and backing and painting the frame black. If I did it again, I would be sure to sand the frame first, it's a little rough.



While letting the paint dry, I set the frame aside and moved on to the wood cut-outs. First, I painted those white. I applied a thin coat so it dried very quickly. Next, I brushed on some Mod Podge. Quickly after applying the Mod Podge, I doused poured glitter over the top. After allowing the glitter-podge time to dry, I picked up the cut-outs to shake off any extra glitter. Then I brushed on a generous coat of Mod Podge. This last step seals in the glitter, making it less likely to end up all over the house!

The last step was to glue on the Flur de Lis cut-outs to the frame!

and here you have it!



No comments:

Post a Comment